What to do when injured on someone’s Property
If you have found yourself to be a recent victim of an injury on someone else’s property due to their negligence there are some things you can do when faced with filing a lawsuit to cover medical costs. Talking with a personal injury attorney at Robinson, Seiler & Anderson is a wise step you should take when you are injured. We have provided some steps that need to be taken in order to make sure you have documented everything accordingly.
- Seek medical attention immediately. Some injuries are immediately noticeable but others may arise later on. Seeking proper medical attention right away will make sure you don’t let an injury get any worse than it already is. This will also provide you with the proper documentation of your injuries.
- Take photos. Photos should be taken immediately after the incident. You will need to document the scene of the accident to show the exact condition the place was in when you were injured. If you are too injured to take the photographs have a close friend or family member take the photos for you.
- Gather the information from all of your witnesses. Names, numbers, and recollections of the incident will all help. Preserve evidence such as shoes and clothes that were worn when the incident occurred. Items should be secured and stored without being washed, cleaned, or changed in any way.
- File some kind of report, whether that is with the police, management, or emergency services. Their reports on the incident will be looked to first when it comes to have your case reviewed in court.
- Keep track of medical expenses. Depending on the circumstances, the injured person may be eligible to receive reimbursement of medical bills, lost wages, and other damages suffered as a result of the injury. However, these damages will need to be proven. Proof will include medical records from treating doctors, details of procedures performed, and receipts of any out-of-pocket expenses such as for prescription medications or medical equipment.
Being the victim of a personal injury accident can be devastating. With the help of the personal injury attorneys at Robinson, Seiler & Anderson you can get yourself and your family in a better situation with a well thought out case and the legal advice you need. Give us a call today to schedule a consultation.